Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Donuts


We had a fun night last night , over 40 there. We brought finger food and played games after.Ken & Sue Barnhart brought 12 different wooden animal and bird cutouts. A squirrel, duck, tern, swan etc. Each one had a caption. but we had to put the caption with the animal. That was hard. 12 of us got to receive one, the ones who got the most right!
There were a couple people on the board this morning, one of them was Ken Costly, gall bladder surgery, and Dick DeKoning, tests after his surgery. also Bud Mauser is in a nursing home now. I got an email from Diane Gibson that Bruce has breast cancer and is seeing a oncologist about radiation etc. He had a lump removed. Aloyce was saying that her brother Buzz Roberts had a shoulder replacement and is so encouraged by the results he is going to have the other one done. We also got a picture of him for our Veterans board!
Happy Anniversary to Don and Jo Solberg on the 4th, Lavern and Yvonne Shurman, June 8th! Also Gary and Jan Philipps on the 14th, Ken and Bana Southworth.
Birthdays I know of, Darlene Cook, Ann Thorpe, and me.
I got an email from Jo Brennamen, former resident, she said she really enjoyed the Smilebox I did of Ken and Banas Anniversary. I put the song Ken sent me that means so much to them with their picture for the background music on the Smilebox I remember we were over to Southworths and Ken sang that song to Bana for their 50th anniversary six years ago, it was really lovely. Jo said she really enjoys the blog and hearing about all of us,even though they can't come down any more, and that she and Rex loved coming here every Winter.
Well that's about it for now, I will write more as news comes in from you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

No comments: