Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday July 16th

Good morning! I just walked the dog and the mosquitos about carried us away! I spray myself with Deet but the dog sure gets swarmed by them critters!
We received word from Rolly Priester that Hennriette Johnson has passed away. She lived in 213. We have a card for her family up to sign.
I got emails from several folks this week...one from Rexroads, they attended the R.V.E. potluck in Story City IA. last Wed. Also they were telling about the traveling they had done this Summer with stops at Tomasiewicz in Canada, Barney Wisniewski in WI, also visited Ray Saenes in MI, they got into hail bigger than golf balls and have to have a new roof put on the motor home. They will be heading down here soon after the 11th of Aug. The Thorpes are here for a week or so. Ann has to have surgery to remove her spleen and gall bladder.
Mary Lou Benson said Tom has Lyme Disease and he's the 3rd one in the family to have it. Very unusual..They will be in Kansas for a few days visiting with the Benson kids and grandkids. They said they enjoyied going to the potluck in Stry City also and she is the one who sent me pictures for my Smile Box slide show, Thanks Mary Lou!
Arlene Lange wrote that she had her left carotid artery reamed out, plugged 99%.
Thank God she had it done in time.
Larry Dixon provided donuts this morning. The Bardens are on vacation for a couple weeks.
Just went for a ride on the golf cart with Bobby and Heidi, the guys were busy mowing, we mow our yard about every 5 days it's growing sooo fast!
That's about all I got to say ...let me know if you have something you would like posted here or any news you think we might like to hear!

1 comment:

Puny said...

Donna,
It was wonderful to hear your voice today, thanks so much for calling and also for getting me the Blog link again, I now put it up in my aol toolbar - sure shouldn't lose it there!
Excellent job on the news (as usual) and I'm looking forward to seeing you, you little Darlin', you! Heh Heh! byee - say Hi to Bobby for us!