Thursday, August 4, 2011

Greetings from Iowa


Hello from Iowa!! It's nice and cool here today and it's supposed to be in the 80's for several days, a few showers around but no storms!We left the Valley and spent a couple days in Corpus Cristi, with our Daughter,enjoyied touring the area around there and Port Aransas, then on up to Iowa!
My Sister, Mickey gave me a clock for my birthday...I love it!Just like the one on my home page of this blog!
We stayed 3 days at Saylorville recreation area. Mickey is living in Clive presently but moving to Minnesota.Her new puppy and our Heidi got along great.
It's pretty dry in parts of Iowa but it's so green looking that I was surprised they needed rain in some places so bad. There was a very nice shower in Coon Rapids yesterday but there were just a few spotty showers here in South Central Iowa.
We are in Carroll now for 3 more days out at Swan Lake State Park.Nice and shady here, a great campground.We will go on over to Clermont, Ia. Sunday.Today and tomarrow there is a sale or flea market all along highway 141 and also hwy. 30. People have tables and booths along the hwy. and you may stop and buy things, I think Hwy. 141 sales run from Grimes, (near DesMoines)all along to West of Carroll and farther yet, around 120 miles. I don't know how long the hwy 30 sales run, but they have this once a year, it's been very successful,it started out just on 141 but now hwy 30 too.I noticed some folks selling garden vegetables along a street the other day and they asked $5.95 a dozen for sweet corn.Mickey said this is the first of the sweet corn coming out so prices will drop as more is ready for sale.
When we were on our way from Saylorville to Carroll, we stopped in Perry,Ia. at the Hy-Vee for breakfast, with the idea that we might get to see some old friends, who used to winter in our park, Merlin and Nellie Davis. And sure enough we had just finished eating when Nellie and a bunch of friends came in, she did not know us at first,but was so excited when she finally knew who we were, she said Merlin is now in the Masonic Home there in Perry, she hadn't changes a bit and asked about all their friends in the park.That was fun!
We heard from the Barnharts that Hausers and Hamlets are back in the park. Also that Dave Berglunds hip surgery went well and is supposed to come home today. Doris Davis has been in the hospital but home now.Nancy Argo had her surgery and I assume she is doing good?
Sue said there were about 25 for coffee and donuts this morning and Davis's provided them.
Marilyn Babbitt says to besure and thank all of you who called, sent cards,and attended the funeral for Glenn.
We stopped in Jefferson today to see my friend Barb and Butch Brooker. They Winter in Texas at Magnolia Park. She is the lady who got me started in beading. she teaches classes and makes beautiful bracelets for sale. Now if I were savvy enuff I would put her blog in here , it's always interesting reading, but....I will see what I can do about that.
That's about it for now, until later this next week.

No comments: