Monday, January 2, 2012

F.Y.I.

Talking with Ken and Bana Southworth about their Grandson, Noah, they were saying and I had already known this, Noah was wounded in action with the Marines in Afghanistan this past year, his wounds were relatively minor when compared to many of his buddies who came home missing multiple limbs, or worse. He was in 4 different I.E.D. explosions while there. He was awarded the Purple Heart for his wounds when returning home. He was just officially awarded the Medal with Combat "V" (for valor). The medal is just below the Bronze star in prestige! There are many of our Children and Grandchildren serving our country. Did you know Wilma Snakenburg's Son-in-law, is Rear Admiral Gregory Smith. He was in Iraq and Afphganistan, and now is at the Pentagon, the last I heard. His job is in Communication, and public affairs, and I'm not sure what all. I know Wilma is very proud of him!

No comments: