Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Oct. 16th

I sure do wish to thank Jerry and Carol for sending me the beautiful Fall leaves, it was fun trying to guess which trees they came off of, Acorn or as Bobby says"Akern" tree, Maple, Walnut? not sure. Oh, your check is in the mail for the leaves, I sure hope it doesn't get lost....I through them in the air just to watch them drift slowly down as if falling from a tree, and oh, I then had to get a rake and rake my leaves, I had a nice big pile and was wandering if the Mgrs. would mind if I burned my pile of leaves...well, I decided to just bag them and take them to the dumpster.


We had a huge turnout for our Social Hour, probably the last one in the pool room now we will have to have them in the big hall. This morning the donuts were provided by the Office. Maybe someone will step up for next Friday...wishful thinking.

Some Fall humor






Old Age Memory
Some Snowbirds both in their 80's, visit their doctor and complain of short-term memory loss. After listening, the doctor suggests that they may want to write down the things they would like to remember. The couple agree that this would be a good idea.
A few days go by and the husband and wife are in bed late one evening when the wife says she could go for a bowl of ice cream. The husband volunteers to go down to the kitchen and dish it up.
"Do you think you should write it down like the doctor said?" the wife asks.
"No, I think I can remember a bowl of ice cream," replies the husband, as he heads downstairs.
After a few minutes the husband comes through the door and presents his wife with a platter of bacon and eggs.
"I knew this would happen!" she exclaimed. "You forgot my toast!" 

No comments: