Monday, July 31, 2017

July 31st


this little girl and Bobby and I have been to Iowa! We left last Sat. the 22nd and got home yesterday the 30th

Heidi had a great time playing with her cousin, a Bichon, her name is Bailey. I plan on doing a little slide show of the beautiful City that I grew up in, Jefferson.

Here in the park this last week there were 2 cards sent, one to Ron Zollar, loss of his Mother, and Henry Hryniw, who's under going chemo and radiation. Today we received word of Mary Lou Sirovy's Mother passed away.

Things look the same here in the park, extremely hot weather. In Iowa it was a chilly 55 to 65 most every morning, I needed a sweater in the morning to walk the dogs!!! The evenings cooling down so nicely. I brought Iowa sweetcorn and tomatos home, from a Orchard called Deals Orchard What a treat to eat a tomato that actually tastes like one lol My home town has a population of around 4400. Located in W. Central Iowa

Folks love visiting the MaHaney Memorial Carillon Tower, I met a couple different people who play the music at the tower. At noon quite a few songs are played and every 15min. and on the half hour . On the hour a song is played. You can hear it all over town.




Hope I get a slide show done, I took a lot of pictures around Jefferson
also met Bud and Lois Kraft, my former neighbors in Thor, Iowa at Unkies Entertainer Restaurant, my Mother and Aunt started the restaurant around 1980 or so. It was interesting to see the restaurant and all the remodeling that's been done.People come from all around to go there,some as far as 75 miles!

Later!!

No comments: