Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A note

I know I know my music didnt match the record on the Smile box slide show I created....but I couldn't find any other back ground that suited me lol.
Yes we have been having alot of fun being entertained by Marc Frana on Wed. afternoons, I wished we could keep having him on Wed. but as soon as word gets around he will be playing all over the Valley. We felt like we needed to give some $ for his great music so we passed the hat, and I am sure he appreciated it.I think a Wed. afternoon dance would be really fun, I really think a Sunday afternoon dance would go over. And maybe ........some day.... a 50's band??? for those of you who aren't down here, we have quite a few talented folks in our park who can entertain quite well, and Marc is certainly one of the best. A one man band!
Our 50's party is coming up in March and we hope to have one every year. Get ready for a real blast from the past!!!
The Spagetti Dinner was a great success, they gave such huge portions tho, they ran out of Spagetti, live and learn they say.
There was a big crowd for the Monday meeting, lots to talk about, by the way Kay has decorated our hall again and we really appreciate all the work she does on that,it look so nice and we are thankful for such a lovely hall, I have been in many parks close to our size who do not have near the facilities that we have here.Today before Happy Hour there were guys working on the organ,thanks to Ken Borah and Bill Hamlet & several others for their hard work.Bill Welch thanked them at the meeting Mon. Art Voss said the dances have picked up, there are now 2 Jams a month,serving pulled pork sandwiches, tomarrow. Other news from Monday meeting : Irene Quail sent cards to Harvey Roush, now in Re-hab, Evelyn McBurney, hosp. and Gene Koliba had surgery.
Coming up this month is our Red Hat Salad Luncheon on the 19th and Veterans dinner on the 26th. Our weather turned cold, down to 40's and a little mist on and off. But it looks like the weekend we will have warmer weather coming back.

I have worn my Winter coat for the last two days, one more day!

No comments: