Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17th


Sunday! Happy Father's Day
Oh, what a beautiful day! My birthday! It is 79 degrees and will be 99 with very gusty hot winds. Now if I was still in Iowa it would be about 80 today and strawberry picking time? I think I remember picking strawberry's in mid June or so. Oh were they ever good.
Al and Dolores Mason provided donuts this morning. I guess about 22 came in this morning.
A card was sent to Ed Lampmans family, he passed away the 9th. He was one of our park owners
Nancy Argo reminded us about Father's Day dinner, we will bring a dish to pass and we will be having ribs
I will make a smile box of my big party today, and post it tonight or tomarrow.

A poem about Friendship this is the kind of Friendships we have and make in our park...
What a lovely thing it is
To have a loyal Friend
Someone who understands us
On whom we can depend
A Friend who sees and knows
Our faults
And likes us anyway
And never takes offense
At anything we say
Who helps us through our troubles
Stands by us in our needs
Such Friendship trancends
Barriers of color race and creed
For Friendship is a precious gift
and we should aways treasure
The ones who share our grief
Our joy
Our heartaches and our pleasure
Thank you to Aloyce and Sue for making my Birthday a very memorable one.

No comments: