Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday May 2nd


Happy Friday
Friday Scraps for orkut

Orkut Scraps
Martha Millender and Opal Wilson provided the donuts this morning. I would say close to 30 showed up!
Doris Davis is loading up and getting ready to leave the park. She said she has really loved living here and will miss all of us.

We have had a cold pool for around 2 weeks, but it's fixed!! Would you believe it was almost too cool here today to even go to the pool!!! We are having nice cool weather here, but next week it's back to hot! The cool breeze today felt soooo good.
We had a really good turn out for Social Hour this Wednesday, I made a Hummingbird Cake, and there was some good "stuff" besides!20 or so came.
The City mowed the field on the South side and are bailing it. Finally! There's talk that the school bought the land to the West of the park, don't know forsure yet.
I haven't seen Anita Farley out yet, Ken says she's on Oxygen full time for now.
Everyone talking about the high assessment statement from the tax office, personally I feel you need to fill out and send them the paperwork and mail it to them if you feel your assessment was way out of line.

This letter is from John Norris regarding the tax assessment letters



To Rio Valley Estates Residents
We just received our 2014 Tax appraisal and was shocked by the increase in appraised value. I plan to protest this appraisal. I contacted the tax appraisal office to ask about the method used to determine the value. I was told they had updated their cost tables and updated the current sales records to show the current market value of mobile homes in Rio Valley Estates.

I analyzed 173 of the mobile homes in Rio Valley Estates and found the following:
The average increase in appraised value was 62.5%
The largest increase was 111.38%
The smallest increase was 29.51%
The total appraised value of Mobile Homes in Rio Valley Estates increased by $1,718,213.00.
I did not analyze the increase in actual taxes.

On our Mobile Home 171 the old appraised value was 21,398.00 the new value in 34,591.
I ran a NADA Guide value on our Mobile Home and based on good condition it returned a value for the Mobile Home of 12,775. This included a value of 4,060 for added features such as washer, dryer, refrigerator, dish washer and porches.

What I would like to do is compile a list of Mobile Homes that have sold in the last three years in order to have actual sales to use in my protest. I can only do this if residents who have bought or sold would be willing to provide the information. I need the price of the sale, the date of the sale (about), and the lot number. I can look up the age and size from the tax office.

I would be glad to share this information with anyone who plans to protest the appraised value of their Mobile Home. This information is needed by the 15th of May as the protest of the appraised value must be filed by the end of May.

Anyone interested in helping in this project can contact us at jdnorris811@att.net. If you have not sold or bought but have information on other Mobiles that have sold may also provide the information. If you plan to protest the appraised value and need information let me know and I will help in any way I can.

Thank you in advance. The only way we can get this back under control is mass protest of appraised value.

John Norris
817-282-2472
jdnorris811@att.net.


No comments: