Monday, April 10, 2017

Easter Dinner



Easter Graphics
Easter myspace comments, graphics

More Scraps for Orkut


So far over 70 have signed up to come to Easter Dinner. I think I remember around 90 coming last year. Not too sure about that but it seems like.
We have had beautiful weather, low humidity and cool mornings (60's) and lovely afternoons around 80's.
There's not much news to talk about...we did get a used park model in on lot 25/26 something like that and one coming in on 401.
The new "Slim Chickens" restaurant is going up fast,on the Home Depot lot on the frontage road and Westgate, I read about the chain on the internet, I don't see how all 3 of those chicken places can survive, but Chick Fil A will be my choice. Slim Chickens has wings and chicken strips. There are new places popping up all around the Weslaco, I will try to keep you posted on what's coming in. There is a strip mall coming in across from the Donna WalMart.
On a personal note my new neighbor Maria and I joined "Planet Fitness". Today will be our first day going there. I think I will like going, they have a more struchured program. It's a 30 min. workout. It's all in one room and you go from machine to machine. Like "Curves" in a way. And after you may go on any of the machines in the larger room, anyway atleast you can learn how to use these torture contraptions
The Park breakfast on Thursdays had to move to the "Eldorado" restaurant this last Thursday. Someone drove their car into the front of "Tex-Mex" cafe.One of our residents had just eaten and the car came crashing thru the front. About 1/3 of the car all the way into the cafe, she said the sound was horrific, no one was hurt, thankfully. Ordinarily the tortilla lady would have been up there in the front and also a cashier, neither was up there at the time. Many said the "Eldorado" couldn't handle the crowd and were quite displeased with the service and food.
We are supposed to wear our "Easter" Bonnets for the dinner Sunday....fat chance of that happening....lol but I will take a picture or two! of the other ladys.
Not many for "Dummy Rummy" Sat. several tables of 3. Only a table of 4 for "Canastta"

Donna

1 comment:

Puspha said...

Nice blog, Moreover Do you like chicken? If so, I have a suggestion for the best restaurant that serves chicken. The best chicken can be found at Slim Chickens Menu Prices.