Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25th

We had our coffee and donuts this morning . Albeza Vallejo provided them. We had a good turn out. George and Lorraine Studer are here now and Zeke and Mary Loeck, also the Havertapes got back.
Card sent, Gary Schisel in 299 has lung cancer.
Connie was here this morning and explained the letters sent out to the residents about the lawn care. People are going to have to pay their lawn people to mow more often when we have all the rain, the grass grows so fast.
You can get your flu shot at H.E.B. I paid $25.00 as I am not on medicare, I asked about the Shingles shot they said it was $205.00 I couldn't believe that! I am getting mine at the Hidalgo Health Dept. for $15.00, I have an appointment Wed.
Tonight alot of folks are going to Beto's Restaurant for fish, it's supposed to be very good.
Did you know about calling 1-800-goog-411 for info on your cell phone? It's free and it would sure come in handy when traveling when you have a problem with your vehicle or also to find a nearby hotel or motel. I am going to put it on my cell phone in case of emergency.It's voice activated and you say where, and what you're looking for and you will get connected to the business you need. I may have mentioned this before.
I have taken a few pictures of our newly painted fence and a couple other pictures but it's taking so long to upload them that I will put them in at a later date.
The new Lowes Store is very nice. Penny's to open soon.
That's about it for now.

No comments: