Saturday, August 15, 2020

Iowa trip


 I always think how I would love to live back in Iowa, or atleast live there in the summer, then I think of tornados and such and think safer down here. But we of course just went through a hurricane that dumped 12 inches of rain on us...


Well, I decided to drive up to Iowa, and guess what? A huge storm came through and wreaked havoc over about a 160 mile stretch across the State. It started out getting quite windy and getting very dark, then  very very windy and very very dark! Time to go to the basement! Power went out! Friends Barb and Butch came over as they don't have a basement. Wiunds were clocked at 83 in Jefferson, 0ver 90 in Perry and over 100 in DesMoines, and Marshalltown 113.

The Report on the news said 10 Million acres of corn flattened, many grain bins destroyied


Barb's blog too see many of their pictures.  https://brooker3.blogspot.com/

a few I took






Trees and branches etc. were strewn across most roads in Jefferson, one of the pictures shows limbs pulled back off the street, there were even tree limbs that fell on roofs and did considerable damage. Some huge trees uprooted

We worked a couple days getting my Sisters yard back to normal, and neighbors were helping neighbors and pickups stopped to haul debree away.


below is a picture I took, I thought it so pretty, My sister Mickey had some pretty "Naked Lady's" flowers but most of them got knocked down in the storm

"Naked Ladies"

Surprise Lily aka Naked Ladies. Plant in front flower bed ...



No comments: