Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 30th

As soon as Dan saw the power pole leaning, I understand that AEP was called, no one came out, also several other people called them, then I called them, no one came. I know they were very very busy getting electric turned on for many folks. I was just going by the office when a AEP truck went by and turned to go out of the park. I hurried as fast as I could and thank God there was some traffic so they had to wait. I pulled up and yelled at them and the one guy got off the truck and I told him I need help there's a power pole with a transformer leaning over my mobile. They turned around and followed me home. They accessed the situation,they were from Laredo, and they didnt have the equipment to fix the pole they took pictures and sent them to a crew that could help. Later another AEP truck from the Valley came and said the location of the pole was too close to the park models and they needed a special rig to set a new pole there. They said they would be back the next day and advised me I should not stay in my mobile but...I did, the next morning a huge bunch of AEP trucks came along the 400's and one came behind the 400's where the grass back there was like a swamp, but they had some kind of huge matts they put ahead of the truck and came across the back yards of the 400's, and there were around 6 guys working to get the new hole drilled and set the new pole before taking out the old one. It took a good 7 or 8 hours 


No comments: